Urine-Off Urine Stain and Odor Removers
Now in Dog or Cat Formula. In convenient spray bottles, wipes, AND economical gallon refill sizes.
How does Urine-Off work better?
To understand why Urine-Off works better, it is important to know that urine, whether human or animal, has three main components:
- Urea, a slightly sticky substance;
- Urochrome, gives urine its yellow color
- Uric Acid is a mild acid, rich in nitrogen.
Uric acid contains non-soluble salt crystals, which present the biggest challenge to removing urine and its odor from surfaces and fabrics.
The first two components can be washed away with ordinary cleaning and commercially-available urine odor products, but the uric acid crystals are extremely insoluble and remain tightly bonded to the surface. After initial cleaning and drying with ordinary products, it may appear that the problem is solved. However, any type of moisture will reactivate those remaining crystals and the smell returns, as strong as ever.
There are a number of pet urine odor products available to the retail customer. Most are composed of surfactants (detergents) and a masking agent. A few also employ enzymes and some use alcohol as a solvent. Still others are chemicals, whose molecules encapsulate, or coat, the urine molecules to "seal in" the odor. The shortcomings of these approaches are that the odor is usually addressed only temporarily, and the stain most times not at all. None appear to have success with old, dried urine deposits. In the case of pets, the problem is compounded by their territory-marking behavior and their very acute sense of smell. Even when the urine odor has been rendered imperceptible to humans, animals detect it and are compelled to re-apply their own scent! So once an animal has "gone" in one spot, they frequently return to it again and again, no matter what we do.
But now...there is Urine-Off. The enzymes in Urine-Off are specifically developed and combined to "eat" the uric acid crystals, in addition to removing the other components of urine. Effectively removing these crystals is what distinguishes Urine-Off from the rest of the products we've tested. This makes cleaning up cat urine and dog urine easier than ever before.
With the source of the odor AND the stain removed, the problem is solved. Urine-Off has a pleasant citrus fragrance and even that disappears when the product dries.How well does Urine-Off work?
- So well, that even long-neglected problem areas with the highest concentrations of urine residue are quickly taken care of...
- So well that even dogs and cats can't detect the urine odor, which greatly aids in breaking unwanted behavior patterns...
- So well that Public Works departments, nursing homes, and flooring installers worldwide (to name just a few industrial users) are solving some of their toughest challenges with Urine-Off! You should too!